Are you looking for a stylish way to decorate your home with some of your favorite posters? Look no further than pixers.us! Read on to learn how you can add some personality and charm to your walls with some beautiful posters!
1) Pick the right size
When it comes to hanging posters in your home, size matters. Too small and your poster won’t have enough impact, while a poster that’s too large can overpower a room. Before you start hanging posters, consider the space you have available. Measure the area you want to fill and make sure the poster you’re considering will fit.
While you’re considering the size of your poster, keep in mind that it should be scaled appropriately to the rest of the room. If you’re trying to hang a huge poster in a small bedroom, it might look out of place and overwhelm the space. The key is to pick a size that complements the existing decor, as well as your own personal style.
2) Find the perfect location
When it comes to hanging posters in your home, location is key. To ensure your poster stands out, you want to pick a spot that complements the artwork. Here are some things to consider:
– Proximity to furniture: You don’t want to hang a poster too close to furniture as it can be difficult to appreciate from certain angles. Try to pick a spot at least a few feet away from the nearest piece of furniture.
– Lighting: Natural light is great for illuminating posters, but you should make sure it’s not too intense. If the poster will be receiving direct sunlight, use an appropriate curtain or shade.
– Viewers: Consider the viewers that will be looking at the poster. If you have visitors or guests regularly, try to choose a spot where they can easily view the poster without feeling cramped or uncomfortable.
– Theme: You can create a theme with your posters and the surrounding area. For example, if you have a beach-themed poster, try to place it near other beach decorations and items. This will help create a cohesive atmosphere in your home.
3) Get creative with framing
Framing your posters is a great way to display them and to protect them from damage. Framing also adds an interesting visual element to the room. Depending on the type of poster you have, there are lots of creative ways to frame it.
If you have a vintage poster, you can pick an old-fashioned frame to match the style of the poster. Alternatively, you can pick a modern frame that still complements the poster. There are a variety of colors, textures, and materials to choose from. You can even use upcycled items such as wooden crates or shutters to create unique frames for your poster. Adding a colorful mat can really make the poster stand out and add an interesting contrast. With many matting options available, you can find the perfect one to compliment your poster.
Another creative option is to display your poster without a frame. Hang it directly onto the wall with removable adhesive strips or tacks. This is a great option if you don’t have the space or resources to frame the poster. It’s also an effective way to showcase smaller posters that may be overshadowed by larger frames.
Main photo: Roman Kraft/unsplash.com